Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Why Me

The most important quesiton of all. (Side point: I remember getting a Sports Illustrated in January of '94 with Nancy Kerrigan on the cover. The photograph was taken just after she had been assaulted. If I remember correctly, the words on the cover were "Why Me? Why Now? Why?" If I go ahead and publish this post with the title as is, my first three post titles will echo her sentiments, word for word. Well, I don't know of anybody who would benefit from having my knee taken out of commision, so I guess I'll take my chances and leave the title alone.)

Update: Here's the aforementioned cover. If you find it unusual that I remember a specific cover from 11 1/2 years ago, fear not. I was a relatively new subscriber at the time and cherished every issue. I can still tell you the first 30 or so covers I got.

Anyway, Why me? Well, for starters I've been following sports and media my entire life. Over the years the two interests melded and now I have a keen interest in the sports media as well. Not surprisingly, I'm a media studies major, a journalism minor, and intend to pursue a career in media. So far, the only thing of note on my resume is an internship at a top sports radio station. So I go that going for me... which is nice.

As the blog's URL and title indicate, I like to think of myself as a student of The Game. No specific sport is indicated, and though you can't see it, I capitalized "The." So it's a metaphor. For what? For whatever you understand it to mean. Yes, it's incredibly pompous. It's perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home